ANA Group Announces Flight Schedule for FY2023
- ANA Group has announced its flight schedule for fiscal year 2023 (FY2023).
- For domestic routes, ANA and Peach will increase the total available seat kilometers (ASK) than in FY2022 to fully accommodate the recovery in demand and to maximize profitability for the Group.
- For international routes, in response to growing demand and the relaxation of entry restrictions in various countries, ANA will resume regular flights such as the Haneda-Munich and Narita-Brussels route.
- Given strong and continued demand for freighter operations, ANA will focus on increasing revenue by maximizing the operation of its 11 cargo aircraft and utilizing the cargo space on passenger flights.
TOKYO, Jan. 17, 2023 – ANA HOLDINGS INC. (hereinafter “ANA HD”) has announced its flight schedule for fiscal year 2023 (FY2023).
- In response to new trends in demand and recovery from COVID-19, ANA HD is pursuing transformative measures to shift to a new airline business model. Throughout fiscal 2022, in an effort to respond to the recovery in demand, ANA HD steadily restored the network that was temporarily downsized during the pandemic.
- For domestic routes, ANA and Peach plan to increase in FY2023 the available seat kilometers (ASK) compared to FY2022, based on the strong recovery in demand. ANA will utilize large-sized aircraft such as the Boeing 777 which resumed operations last year, and flexibly introduce additional flights. Peach will adjust its network to enhance profitability while responding to the rise in demand. The two airlines will support the group network by leveraging the strengths of each brand.
- For international routes, the ANA Group will proactively build its network to meet the demand for travel to and from Japan, which is expected to continue to increase from 2022, with the relaxation of Japan’s travel restrictions. In response to the anticipated rise in business demand, routes such as the Seattle-Haneda route, which were temporarily operated to/from Narita Airport to accommodate connecting demand between Asia and North America, will operate to/from Haneda. Further, the Haneda-Munich route will resume operations with 3 flights per week, while the Narita-Brussels route will resume regular service with 2 flights per week, and the Haneda-Sydney route will operate a total of 14 flights per week with 2 daily flights starting from the 2023 summer schedule. ANA also plans to resume the Narita-Perth route from the 2023 winter schedule, and through accurately assessing fluctuations in demand and maintaining flexibility, we will continue to announce updates to the flight schedule on a monthly basis. In anticipation of a gradual recovery in demand especially for foreign visitors to Japan, Peach will operate the Kansai-Bangkok route on a daily basis from the 2023 summer schedule.
- For the freighter routes, ANA will maximize the use of its 11 freighters through its network. With the return of passenger flights, ANA will utilize the cargo space on passenger aircraft to maximize profitability for the Group.
The key points for the FY2023 are as follows:
- Based on demand trends and market environment, ANA plans to adjust the number of flights on the following routes. To provide convenience for its customers and maintain an appropriate supply and demand balance, ANA will continue to adjust the flight frequency and operate select routes for specific date ranges.
1: The number of flights for the current service are according to the fiscal year 2022 flight schedule for the second half. The actual number of flights may differ based on flight reductions due to COVID-19. 2: For Aug. 11~17 and 21, the frequency will be 2 roundtrips/day. 3: For Mar. 26, Apr. 29-May 7, Jul. 14-17, Aug. 4-15, 18-20, Sep. 16, 18 and Oct. 7, 9, the frequency will be 4 roundtrips/day. 4: For Apr. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23; Jun. 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, the frequency will be 4 roundtrips/day. 5: For Mar. 27, Apr. 7~10,14~17,21~24, 28, May 8, June 16~19,23~26, 30, the frequency will be 3.5 roundtrips/day. 6: To operate between Aug. 10~21.
In response to passenger demand trends and ongoing changes in travel guidelines, the schedule for select international routes starting from the 2023 summer schedule will include the below:
- Resume regular service on the Narita-Brussels route;
- Resume the Haneda-Munich route, and
- Resume service on the Narita-Perth route from the 2023 winter schedule.
- For the routes listed as “pending” as of today, ANA will announce the details as soon as the flight plans become finalized.
1: For flights departing from overseas, the dates of the implementation are the following day.
*2 Operation for routes and flight numbers not listed in the table above are not planned at this time. Announcement will be made once flights are scheduled.
- ANA will continue to maintain its cargo network in the next fiscal year, while adding charter flights and additional flights to accommodate demand
1: The number of flights for the current service are according to the fiscal year 2022 flight schedule for the second half, therefore the actual number of flights may differ.
2: In addition to the above flights, non-scheduled and/or charter flights are expected to be added.
- Peach will update the flight frequency for the following select routes.
- As demand from foreign visitors to Japan recovers, Peach will resume daily service on the Kansai-Bangkok route.
- We will announce the details of flight numbers for other routes as soon as the flight plan is finalized.